Hosting recommendations ... ?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jan 19 16:12:25 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 7:45 AM Bryan Holloway <bryan at shout.net> wrote:
> Looking for a reputable (i.e., no hosting of spammers or other
> ne'er-do-wells) hosting provider with possibly a global footprint. If
> not, US is #1 desire; EU #2.
>

> * Desire to host 2-3 hypervisors, probably running something akin to
> Proxmox ...
> * ~5-10TB storage with the possibility of expansion ...

Howdy,

You should clarify what sort of hosting service you're looking for. A
normal cloud service won't see you running your own hypervisors. A
server farm will see you deploy your own hardware with whatever
storage you choose to install. Only a "bare metal" cloud service would
meet both of your listed requirements, where you lease both the
equipment and hosting service from the provider. However, combined
with your BGP requirement your options are very limited and expanding
storage usually means "lease a different one of our servers."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
Hire me! https://bill.herrin.us/resume/