Uganda Communications Commission shutdown order

Denys Fedoryshchenko nuclearcat at nuclearcat.com
Tue Jan 19 14:28:11 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-19 15:45, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 1/19/21 11:49, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:
>
>> Hopefully starlink and other similar projects will help bring these
>> numbers
>> down a bit.
>> But I think starlink has been already outlawed in some countries?
>
> Moonshine satellite links abound in many places they shouldn't be.
> It's cops & robbers stuff...
>
> Mark.
Starlink needs expensive modem, that is not only too expensive for such
countries, hard to import, but can be also reason for very long prison
sentence.
Some nanosatellite with amplified BLE compatible frontend might do
miracles. It is impossible to block ISM band countrywide, anybody can
climb a hill and point mobile to sky and receive regional news. No need
even for custom software, just any software that can receive BLE data
(development/debugging tools).
As kind of PoC, Norby cubesat with LoRa telemetry is being received over
the world on 1000+km distances on DIY antennas.