Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' Office is on NANOG?? Or, what is the policy about sharing email offlist?

Jeff P jeffp at jeffp.us
Tue Jan 19 10:13:21 UTC 2021

I contacted you (and others) off list to avoid a public discussion on a
board dedicated to the discussion of networking to call out your misogynist
comment in a previous post with content that did not further any discussion
relevant to networking... If the admins are interested in the full content
of several messages that Javier J and I exchanged , I will provide the full
email chains to provide context to the single email posted here to any who
contacts me off list. But since you wish to make it a public discussion, I
would like to call attention to your failure to follow the usage guidelines
and code of conduct outlined in the NANOG terms of use as agreed to in
subscribing to this list:

https://www.nanog.org/about/code-conduct/
https://www.nanog.org/resources/usage-guidelines/

I suggest any one who wants to threaten other users, leave misogynistic
content, or leave irrelevant messages that are simply designed to degrade
others should think twice before they post it on NANOG. And then just not
do it. This is not the forum for that type of conversation. Please take it
to Twitter or Gab or Parler or Facebook or your platform of choice, but
NANOG as founded and conducted is for a technical discussion board for
networking and is not the platform for that kind of content. It is a waste
of time for those of us who are not interested in your opinion of any other
subject not directly related to networking to have to read through a
garbage post only to get slapped in the face with your lack of etiquette or
sense of decorum. We all agreed to the rules, and we should all act
accordingly.

JeffP
jeffp at jeffp.us