Uganda Communications Commission shutdown order

surfer surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Jan 18 23:02:34 UTC 2021

On 1/18/21 6:24 AM, Sean Donelan wrote:
> This is not the longest internet shutdown.  Ethiopia shutdown internet
> access for nearly two months in 2020.  Belerus had several full and
> partial internet shutdowns over several months in 2020.
---------------------------------

Just for fun...this caused me to go looking.  I found:
https://internetshutdowns.in  -  Longest Shutdowns

------
Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir - 8th July 2016 - 19th November 2016
133 days or about 4.5 months

Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir - 4th August 2019 - 4th March 2020
213 days or about 7 months
------

So in less than 4 years they went about 1/4 of the time (nearly
one whole year) without internet.

Mynmar has really bad stats over the Rakhine state Rohingya
conflict issue.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/06/19/myanmar-end-worlds-longest-internet-shutdown

scott

ps.  So far, I know of https://internetshutdowns.in and
netblocks.org. If anyone knows more than these that're
updated regularly please let me know.  I am interested
in 'real time' internet shutdowns globally.