Would you get Cisco 8201 or Juniper PTX10001-35MR and why?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Jan 18 10:05:06 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I'd like to get other operator's views on the Cisco 8201 versus Juniper
PTX10001-35MR choice,

What made you (or what would make you) go for one or the other?

Speeds and feeds are identical between these two, Cisco seems much better
with regards to power consumption, but Juniper's licensing scheme seems more
compelling, especially in my case since I don't need even half the Tbps day
one or 400G for that matter (just plenty of 100g ports for now).

adam