Re Parler

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Jan 14 20:40:01 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:01:19AM -0700, Keith Medcalf wrote:
> This result will only come to pass if Parler wins their lawsuit (which is likely)

The first hearing in this case was held today.

Per reporting by Katherine Long of the Seattle Times, during
that hearing Parler's attorney:

	- forgot the name of Parler's CEO

	- stated that he's unfamiliar with some of the terminology
	because he's not on social media

	- admitted that he filed a day late because he needed to
	update his PACER account

This is the same attorney who filed Parler's complaint -- the one that
names Twitter as a defendant in section 5 while omitting them from the
title page of the complaint.  Here, look for yourself:

	PARLER LLC v. AMAZON WEB SERVICES
	https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wawd.294664/gov.uscourts.wawd.294664.1.0.pdf

Read the first sentence of section 5.  It's on page 3.  Oh heck,
let me save you the trouble:

	"Thus, AWS is in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman
	Antitrust Act in combination with Defendant Twitter."

I am not an attorney but my general understanding is that if you wish
to file a civil complaint against multiple defendants that you should
actually go through the trouble of naming them all as defendants on the
complaint (and serving them).

---rsk