Re Parler

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Jan 14 18:11:47 UTC 2021

Shut , so the boilerplate termination of agreement for any reason with 30 day notice was indeed part of the contract?
-so they forgot to bump the default up I guess, but anyways wouldn't help them either way.

Was there anything else in the contract that would allow amazon to terminate the contract in less than 30days (termination for cause maybe)?

(b) Termination for Cause.
(i) material breach remains uncured for a period of 30 days from receipt of notice  -30 days again,...
(ii) By Us. We may also terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to you
	(A) for cause if we have the right to suspend under Section 6  <- 6. Temporary Suspension. -I guess that's what you was referring to right?
	(B) if our relationship with a third-party partner who provides software or other technology we use to provide the Service Offerings expires, terminates or requires us to change the way we provide the software or other technology as part of the Services  -this would affect everybody on the platform hard to justify singling out one customer
	(C) in order to comply with the law or requests of governmental entities. -also not the case right?

Section 6:
6. Temporary Suspension.
6.1 Generally. We may suspend your or any End User’s right to access or use any portion or all of the Service Offerings immediately upon notice to you if we determine:

(a) your or an End User’s use of the Service Offerings
	(i) poses a security risk to the Service Offerings or any third party,
	(ii) could adversely impact our systems, the Service Offerings or the systems or Content of any other AWS customer,
	(iii) could subject us, our affiliates, or any third party to liability, or
	(iv) could be fraudulent;

(b) you are, or any End User is, in breach of this Agreement;

(c) you are in breach of your payment obligations under Section 5; or

(d) you have ceased to operate in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding.

So if AWS acted according to section 6 then I guess only point (a) options are remotely plausible, but I guess any of the points there would be hard to proof.
In any case it's a pretty powerful tool to have in a contract this section 6. (especially with subsection (a) which seem to provide a lot of options for interpretation and manoeuvring space)

adam