Re Parler

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Jan 14 11:53:01 UTC 2021

https://aws.amazon.com/agreement/
7.2 Termination.
(a) Termination for Convenience. You may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing us notice and closing your account for all Services for which we provide an account closing mechanism. We may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing you at least 30 days’ advance notice.

How/where does the above violate the Communication Decency Act section 230?
See AWS can claim they terminated the contract because it was sunny outside and they just felt like it, in other words using section 7.2 (a) of their customer agreement.

With regards to business continuity,

My experience is that the above is a standard clause in all contracts (and 30 days is pretty standard as well),
I know we negotiated longer advance notices with some of our vendors, but I'm actually not sure what it says on our contracts with say big router vendors?
Do you folks?
If say Cisco tells you one day that "in 30days we stop taking your support calls cause we don't feel like working with you anymore", and you'd be like omg the license on the 32x100G core cards will expire in 2 months and I can't renew cause these guys won't talk to me anymore.

Also an interesting business continuity case is when a vendor goes under (yes highly unlikely in case of AWS/Juniper/Cisco/etc..), but do you have contractual terms governing this case?
What if you're licenses are about to expire say in 2 months and the vendor goes under? Even if the product still works can you actually legally use it? Do you own it then? Etc..

adam