Uganda Communications Commission shutdown order

surfer surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Jan 13 21:21:12 UTC 2021

On 1/13/21 10:05 AM, Sean Donelan wrote:

> The Uganda Communications Commission has issued a shutdown order for
> the operation of all Internet gateways in Uganda beginning January 13,
> 2021 until further notice.
>
> I can't access the official Uganda Communications Commission website,
> but this appears to be a copy of the order
>
> https://twitter.com/DougColtart/status/1349442878481846272/photo/

It's probably just until a short-ish period after their elections. The
guy who has been in power for the past 35 years wants to make sure he
"wins" again.

scott

https://netblocks.org/reports/social-media-and-messaging-platforms-restricted-in-uganda-ahead-of-general-election-XB7aaO87

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55640405