shouting draft resisters, Parler

Donald Eastlake d3e3e3 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:53:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 8:23 PM John R. Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
> > I think it is reasonably clear this was a reference to the Iroquois Theatre
> > fire where 602 people died.
>
> Not at all.  The actual quote is
>
>   The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man
>   falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic.
>
> The Iroquois fire was unfortunately all too real.

As you can see by looking at your own quote, there is nothing about
whether or not there actually is smoke or is a fire in the "crowded
theater". Certainly the operators, owners, and builders of the
Iroquois Theater all claimed that the exists were more than adequate
and it was entirely the fault of the people who died from being
crushed/trampled because they should have remained calm.

Thanks,
Donald
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3 at gmail.com