Parler

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Mon Jan 11 04:32:50 UTC 2021

On January 10, 2021 at 08:42 sronan at ronan-online.com (sronan at ronan-online.com) wrote:
 > While Amazon is absolutely within their rights to suspend anyone they want for violation of their TOS, it does create an interesting problem. Amazon is now in the content moderation business, which could potentially open them up to liability if they fail to suspend any other customer who hosts objectionable content.
To avoid that sort of thing I'd just send PITA's notice that we typically
get (N) complaints per customer per (month or whatever.)

We have received $BIGNUM complaints and we are obliged to respond
which involves staff time etc.

We believe they are eliciting those excess complaints by their
behavior so henceforth we will charge them (like $100/complaint
response.)

FYI for the recent period that would amount to $BIGBUX. They will also
be responsible for any resulting legal expenses yaddie-yaddie.

We have no obligation to extend them credit for this service so will
need a retainer of (around 2x$BIGBUX) and future bills to be paid
within (small N) days of posting.

Failure to agree (agreement attached) and forward the requisite
retainer by (date) will result in the end of our services for them and
the closing of their account.

P.S. I was actually paid about $1,000 once but usually that ended it,
they either apologized and backed off (sometimes it was just
aggressive advertisers), or closed their account / let it expire.

--
        -Barry Shein