Parler

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Jan 10 20:48:11 UTC 2021

In article <64d1fe99-a464-8867-92d5-8b13549635f2 at bryanfields.net> you write:
>1. When should a contracted provider be able to discontinue service with
>little to no notice to the customer if they find their content distasteful?

Whatever the contract says, of course.

>2. Where do we expect legit insurrections to communicate?  Should
>AWS/Facebook/Twitter boot those calling for violent uprisings in Hong Kong
>(for example).

Until you can give us a bright line definition of what is a "legit"
insurrection and what isn't, and a legal theory under which providers
are required to accept customers they don't want*, I don't think that
is our problem to solve.

R's,
John

* - outside existing laws about discriminating by race, etc.