Parler

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Jan 10 20:13:15 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:03 PM Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

> On 1/10/21 11:11 AM, Bryan Fields wrote:
> >
> > Anyone hosting with Amazon/Google/the cloud here should be really
> concerned
> > with the timing they gave them, 24 hours notice to migrate.  Industry
> > standards would seem to be at least 30 days notice.  Note this is not the
> > police/courts coming to the host with notice that they are hosting
> illegal
> > content but only the opinion of the provider that they don't want to
> host it.
> >
> Considering that it seems that there continues to be talk/planning of
> armed insurrection, I think we can forgive them for violating
> professional courtesy.
>
> Mike

I thought the boot was announced after physical threats were made
against Google and Apple facilities and employees for removing the
app from the app stores?

There's professional courtesy; but the moment you start threatening
to bomb datacenters and kill employees, it's pretty clear professional
courtesy has been forcibly thrown through the reinforced double-glazed
energy-efficient windows and has plummeted straight through the roof
of the classic Cadillac in the parking lot ten stories below.  :(

Matt