Parler

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:55:43 UTC 2021

Peace,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 8:38 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> providers like Amazon tend to make it inconvenient approaching
> impossible to build cross-platform services. I kinda wonder what a
> cloud services product would look like that was actively trying to
> facilitate cross-platform construction?

HashiCorp Nomad plus Terraform.  That's pretty much it.

I'd say it starts to be "inconvenient approaching impossible" only at
the point where you begin to use Cloudformation — or when you don't
have automated deployment at all.  While the provisioning tools are
provider agnostic, a move from a provider to a provider would take
days at most.

--
Töma