WhatsApp's New Policy Has...

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jan 8 19:31:53 UTC 2021

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 21:18, Richard Porter <richard at pedantictheory.com> wrote:

> Has anyone considered or used Keybase?

Didn't they sell their customers recently. I may be talking out of my posterior.

But on a more serious note, which of these are provably correct?

One of them used to offer you a local message and outgoing data
(signal?) so you could independently verify that they send the correct
data out, reflecting the algorithmic choice you have. So instead of
trusting that(signal?) you have to trust the algorithm, which they
don't control.

--
  ++ytti