NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

Richard Porter richard at pedantictheory.com
Mon Jan 4 23:50:38 UTC 2021

Comment inline

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 5:32 PM J. Hellenthal via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
wrote:

> Comment inline
>
> --
>  J. Hellenthal
>
> The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says
> a lot about anticipated traffic volume.
>
> > On Jan 4, 2021, at 14:35, bzs at theworld.com wrote:
> >

> > Why wouldn't we just build this into 10-year battery smoke alarms, a
> > simple radio receiver?
>
> Someone contact  gentex.com to go over the IoT thoughts.

Whatever could go wrong with putting *MORE* critical things on the internet
*Sarcasm REALLY intended here*? The Video Game *Cyberpunk 2077* seems kinda
prophetic?

Let us not forget the Hawaii incident from Human error.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37260138/watch-gov-david-ige-on-what-triggered-ballistic-missile-false-alarm/

I think the internet ship sailed with RFC 1 ;)