NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 4 01:17:50 UTC 2021

On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 18:00:22 -0700, "Keith Medcalf" said:
> This is the same thing I tell shithead politicians and pollsters that cause
> my phone to ring.  If you wish to speak with me then you can pay to install
> your own communications equipment at your own expense.

Um... Keith?  Pretty much all of them *do* pay for their end of the communications
equipment.

The bigger question is why you pay for *your* end rather than insisting that
everybody who wants to talk to you pay for your end. (Hint:  Do you require
that the annoying sister in law you don't want to hear from also install gear
at their expense?  Does the answer change if you usually want to hear from
her but not today because reasons?)