NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Mon Jan 4 01:00:22 UTC 2021

>I think the challenge here is that there's a category of people
>who don't have cell phones, who don't have cable TV, but
>receive content over their internet connection.  I happen to
>live with someone like that, so I know it's a non-zero portion
>of the population.

I pay for my Internet connection and I do not want "your shit" to be spending "my money".  If you think this is oh so important then *YOU* can pay to install at your sole expense, a device which emits your silly warnings -- I do not want them.  You will also have to negotiate for easement rights on my Private Property and those are not going to be given away for cheap.

And even if you do pay me %1 Million a month that it will cost to acquire the necessary easement on my Private Property, I will put your annoying shit inside a soundproof faraday cage in the closet.

So you might as well just not bother.

This is the same thing I tell shithead politicians and pollsters that cause my phone to ring.  If you wish to speak with me then you can pay to install your own communications equipment at your own expense.  That does not mean that I will be answer or pay any attention to it or refrain from taking action to prevent it from disturbing me.  For the shitheads that use robotic callers I have a wonderful digital war-dialer that can tie up a whole central switch -- one way or the other the assholes will be forced to cease their disgusting behaviour!

--
Be decisive.  Make a decision, right or wrong.  The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.