NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sun Jan 3 22:27:44 UTC 2021

On Jan 3, 2021, at 13:57, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

> I just sent some mail to the myshakes folks at UCB asking if they have an achitecture/network document. In their case for earthquakes it need to be less than ~10 seconds so they are really pushing the limit. If they get back to me, I'll share it here.

The two platforms they support have APIs and infrastructure to make it work at large scale.

Piggybacking this sort of thing on another connection is trading some connection overhead for a whole lot of application complexity. This being nanog it’s unsurprising that the discussion is focusing on the connection and protocol bits, but those are a tiny part of the overall complexity (for the client, too). 🙂

Ask