NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 07:31:24 UTC 2021

I've already had to spike one widely announced WAN UDP protocol that
someone had proposed without thinking through security and DDOS features.
Please don't let's try that trick again.

We have perfectly good approaches that don't involve insecure
untraceable transport layers.  This isn't 1985.  TCP and something SSL
encrypted - HTTPS comes to mind, even if it gets its own port (11911 is
available...).

-george

--
-george william herbert