NDAA passed: Internet and Online Streaming Services Emergency Alert Study

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jan 1 23:46:22 UTC 2021

That's not going to play nicely at all in a world of https://

>  What if the end users is using an app on a phone?

I'm having a hard time thinking of what app I could *possibly* be using on a
phone where I wouldn't want an interruption for a tornado or active shooter
alert.

This was discussed in detail a while ago - I'm pretty sure the general
consensus was that having the phone/game console/smart home control center/
whatever would be running an alert endpoint app that would talk to the ISP/
cellphone tower and register for alerts and then DTRT to notify the relevant
carbon-based life forms.