Newbie Question: Is anyone actually using the Null MX (RFC 7505)?

borg at uu3.net borg at uu3.net
Fri Feb 26 18:46:44 UTC 2021

Well, I bet my legacy system will bounce it for example...

Postfix 3.0: RFC 7505 ("Null MX" No Service Resource Record), Earlier
Postfix versions will bounce mail because of a "Malformed DNS server reply".

I cant speak about Sendmail, qmail, Exim.. when they started supporting it.

So, In my opinion changing already working standards in a way
that they arent full compat with old systems is imo bad aproach.