LOAs for Cross Connects - Something like PeeringDB for XC

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 20:11:31 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 2:44 PM Douglas Fischer
<fischerdouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if PeeringDB would be the CA for the Facilities?
> Supposedly this solves the CA problem of the "Colo Folks".

I think pushing your security identification out (as the notional
equinix) to a third party where you can't revoke/change/etc
is asking for dangerous things to happen.

The 'strength' of the RPKI (vs the web-pki) is that there are a
defined number of ways into the system.
You have ip space (IP Number Assets)? you get CA-cert and can create ROA.

there are surely a host of corner cases with 'use the rpki to sign not
INR things!!!', but at least:
  "Are you sure that's the right foo.bar? not f00.bar? or fOO.bar?"
  "yes, they have a CA cert signed by the RIR, with INRs they can
toggle ROA for.. if that CA cert signed the checklist then 'ok'"

again, that draft is a... draft still and I"m sure we'll have a bunch
of chatter/discussion/changes before done, but it smells like it might
help.