Famous operational issues

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 19:17:16 UTC 2021

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:

> > I explain using my "talking to a 5 year old" voice that it
> > most certainly is a router. He tells me that lying to airport security
> > is a federal offense, and starts looming at me. I adjust my attitude
> > and start explaining that it's like a computer and makes the Internet
> > work. He gruffly hands me back the router, I put it in my bag and
> > scurry away. As I do so, I hear him telling his colleague that it
> > wasn't a router, and that he certainly knows what a router is, because
> > he does woodwork…
>
> Well, in his defense, he wasn’t wrong…   :-)

This is wjy, in the UK, we tend to pronounce "router" as "router", and
"router" as "router", so there's no confusion.

You're welcome.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.