Famous operational issues

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Sat Feb 20 20:06:54 UTC 2021

Oh,

I actually wanted to keep this for my memoirs, but if we can name danger
datacenter operational issues …. somehow 2000s:

Somebody ran its own datacenter,
- once had an active ant colony living under the raised floor and in the
climate system,
- for a while had several electric grounding defects, leading to the
work instruction of “don’t touch any metallic or conducting
materials”,
- for a minute, had a “look what we have bought on Ebay” - UPS
system, until started to roast after turned on,
- from time to time had climate issues, leading to temperatures around
peaks  with 68 centigrade room temperature, and yes, some equipment
survived and even continued to work.

Decided not to go back there, after “look what we have bought on Ebay,
an argon fire distinguisher, we just need to mount it”.