Famous operational issues

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Fri Feb 19 22:22:32 UTC 2021

On 16/02/2021 22:08, Jared Mauch wrote:
> I was thinking about how we need a war stories nanog track. My favorite was being on call when the router was stolen.

Enough time has (probably) elapsed since my escapades in a small data
centre in Manchester. The RFO was ten pages long, and I don't want to
spoil the ending, but ... I later discovered that Cumulus' then VP of
Engineering had elevated me to a veritable 'Hall of Infamy' for the
support ticket attached to that particular tale.

One day I'll be able to buy the guy that handled it a *lot* of whisky.
He deserved it.

--
Tom