Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Tim Burke tim at mid.net
Fri Feb 19 18:18:04 UTC 2021

CYA measure more than anything else, so Griddy can say they warned their customers that prices would be high when faced with chargebacks or bad press.

Based on past experience, they are just passing through actual electric costs and profiting off of a ~$10 membership fee. After the absurd energy rates they had to pass through in 2019 (somewhere around $80/kWh), I'm amazed anyone still uses them.

V/r
Tim