CGNAT

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:04:56 UTC 2021

I recommend you to take a look at DANOS.

https://danosproject.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DAN/pages/416153601/Carrier+Grade+NAT+CGNAT

- A very active open-source project.
- Sponsored by AT&T.
- Uses Vyatta (and DPDK for good performance)
- The Routing Engine is based on FRR.
- Syntax sounds like Junos.
- Is the ONLY ONE open source project(at least that I know) that implements
CGNAT on Bulk Port Allocation mode(not deterministic/predefined).
- Had very good improvements on PCP recently.
- Supports a few NAT-ALGs.

I and some good friends here in Brazil had some good experiences with it.

Marcelo Gondin wrote this tutorial in pt_BR, mentioning about a case with:
26Gbps / 1.5Mpps / 11502 simultaneous clients / 192 used Públic IPv4
addresses.
https://wiki.brasilpeeringforum.org/w/CGNAT_Bulk_Port_Allocation_com_DPDK

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer