Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Mal malz at jetlan.com
Thu Feb 18 00:59:40 UTC 2021

On 18/02/2021 7:54 am, Milt Aitken wrote:
> The bill arrived today.  $391.26 got me 3459kwh.  That is 11.3cents/kwh net for business power from Cobb EMC, who charges a good bit more than GPC (they buy a lot of their power from GPC).  N the past, I’ve had GPC bills from customers’ homes that net to about 7.5 cents/kwh.

Try paying for electricity in South Australia.. its around $0.34/kwh
(plus %10 tax).  We have a regime where essentially those without solar
are paying for those with.

South Australia too had a complete power grid failure in 2016.
Regardless of the ample coal supply the state has, we had Power stations
knocked down for green sources, like wind and solar.   During the storm,
we had a cascading transmission network failure with 23 pylons taken out
which effected our supply from other Australian states..  And the lights
went dark, statewide.

Its 38°C here today (100°F).  Thaw out Texas.