FCC outage report for Texas (central US) winter storm

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Feb 18 22:47:24 UTC 2021

The Federal Communications Commission has posted a summary report on
outage reports due to the winter storm impacting Texas and central US.

It looks incomplete to me compared to the detail collected during a
typical hurricane. It is based on reports from telecommunication
companies.  If companies don't self-report, the FCC doesn't know.

Through February 18, 2021

8 Oklahoma outage reports
208 Texas outage reports

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-370095A1.pdf

Caida and Netblocks data shows more outages in the central United States
(Texas), but I don't know how accurate their sub-county measurements are.

According to news reports FEMA brought in 60 generators and diesel
fuel into Texas, but local authorities haven't dispatched orders for
their deployment yet.