Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

John van Oppen john at vanoppen.com
Wed Feb 17 20:28:20 UTC 2021

Unless you have storage, you are using the utility for services.   It is no realistic to assume that they will do net metering forever, it simply does not allow them to fund the distribution network.

I honestly think the current rates for solar in-feed at places like Hawaiian electric are more fair to all parties, you get power at retail rates and send it back at about half the retail rate.   This encourages battery storage adoption and actually funds the distribution network.