Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Wed Feb 17 19:43:11 UTC 2021

----- On Feb 17, 2021, at 11:21 AM, nanog <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

Hi,

> Using the sample bill on the GA power website you linked, I see a bottom line
> price of $76.17 for 606 kWh delivered to the customer. That is effectively
> 12.57 cents per kWh.

> Utilities (both investor owned and coops) have a multitude of ways of hiding the
> effective price in a variety of fixed and variable fees not included in the
> nominal 'energy' fee. These include mandatory fixed connection fees and also
> fuel cost recovery fees that are tied to consumption.

Exactly. In a message earlier today which is held and presumably lost due to moderation, I shared screenshots of an actual bill of mine here in California.

Long story short, using that bill I show that I paid a grand total of $239.14 for 656.928 KwH of electricity. That makes 36.4 cents per KwH.

In addition to that, I also shared another bill, where I paid $2.63 for the privilige of providing the net with 31.993 KwH of energy. That's right. My solar panels produced more power than I consumed and I still sponsored the crooks at PG&E.

Utility companies are worse than airlines when it comes to hidden fees and surcharges. They know we have no choice.

The only reason I want more solar panels is to give a bigger middle finger to PG&E. Nothing is a better motivator to go green than to see PG&E go bankrupt. It's a sad state of affairs when the disgust for the utility company's deceptive practices somehow outweighs the need to save the planet. Yet here we are.
Thanks,

Sabri