Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Haudy Kazemi kaze0010 at umn.edu
Wed Feb 17 19:21:26 UTC 2021

Using the sample bill on the GA power website you linked, I see a bottom
line price of $76.17 for 606 kWh delivered to the customer. That is
effectively 12.57 cents per kWh.

Utilities (both investor owned and coops) have a multitude of ways of
hiding the effective price in a variety of fixed and variable fees not
included in the nominal 'energy' fee. These include mandatory fixed
connection fees and also fuel cost recovery fees that are tied to
consumption.