Viable Third Option?

Eric Dugas edugas at unknowndevice.ca
Wed Feb 17 19:16:41 UTC 2021

The details you mentioned about Cogent and HE are still right.

I'm managing an eyeball network and have Cogent in our blend but I also have three other Tier1s and VERY extensive peering (public and private). We have (from the cheapest to most expensive) Cogent, Telia, Zayo and Tata. I have to mention that we're based in Montreal so less choices compared to your market. The only two other Tier1s available in Montrea is GTT and Lumen/CL/Level3.
Cogent: difficult relations, good service overall
Telia: excellent relations, good service overall
Tata: good relations, good service overall
Zayo: difficult relations, good service overall

Eric