Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Wed Feb 17 17:40:35 UTC 2021

It might not be an easy fix in the moment, but in the long run, buy a
generator and install a propane tank.
When power prices spike to insane levels like this, just flip your transfer
switch over and run off propane.
When utility power becomes cheaper, switch back to the grid.

Maybe some sort of Raspberry Pi to monitor the current prices and do the
transfer automatically.  (language warning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz7IPTf1uts)

Protip: If you're blacked out, it doesn't matter what the price of power is.

-A