Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Andy Ringsmuth andy at andyring.com
Wed Feb 17 15:24:22 UTC 2021

> On Feb 17, 2021, at 9:15 AM, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
>
> USA (Residential):
> Lowest Idaho: USD 9.67 cents/kWh (EU 8.3 cents/kWh)
> Highest Hawaii: USD 28.84 cents/kWh (EU 24.07 cents/kWh)

Not sure where you’re finding those numbers but I believe they are not accurate.

https://neo.ne.gov/programs/stats/inf/204.htm

Heck, here in Lincoln, Nebraska, our rates are 8.01c per kWh in the summer and 5.48c in the winter.

Maybe that’s one reason why an as-yet-unnamed entity is putting a massive datacenter here in the next couple of years. Dangit I wish I knew who it was as I want to apply there once it gets going.

https://journalstar.com/business/local/company-behind-proposed-lincoln-data-center-buys-land-for-nearly-19-million/article_c6dffec9-cc7a-5e5e-9a51-68d8359ebfb8.html

----
Andy Ringsmuth
5609 Harding Drive
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
(402) 304-0083
andy at andyring.com

“Better even die free, than to live slaves.” - Frederick Douglas, 1863