Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Feb 16 23:24:17 UTC 2021

On 2/16/21 3:19 PM, Sabri Berisha wrote:
> ----- On Feb 16, 2021, at 6:28 AM, Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com wrote:
>
>> We use propane. It's less dense energy-wise than gasoline, but it's
>> really easy to switch over.
> Why not use both? Plenty of generators that are dual fuel out there.
> Last year I converted my Duramax to dual fuel by replacing the
> carburator. Easy-peasy.

gasoline has a shelf life, though with PG&E that isn't a problem :/

but the larger issue is that i really would prefer not have a bunch of
gasoline around. it's messier too in comparison to just switching a
propane tank. we have like three or four 5 gallon tanks which we use in
the mean time for bbq's, etc. we manage to run the things we need for
about 24 hours on one tank.

Mike