Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Tue Feb 16 19:02:18 UTC 2021

----- On Feb 16, 2021, at 5:01 AM, Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Feb 2021, Rod Beck wrote:
>> Are the power lines buried like in Europe where I live?

They are not buried everywhere. They are buried in most western EU
countries perhaps. But I invite you to go to Ferizaj, Kosovo, for example.

> In California, they use rolling blackouts BEFORE wildfires to prevent
> power line sparking causing wildfires. Not because of damage to the
> outside plant. In Texas, they use rolling blackouts because they didn't
> have enough generation capacity online.

I do remember last September being threatened with rolling power outages
as a result of the lack of capacity.

Check this article in the Mercury News, for example: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/06/california-grid-managers-watching-closely-as-weather-presents-power-outage-threats/

Thanks,

Sabri