Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Yang Yu yang.yu.list at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:40:16 UTC 2021

You can find ERCOT Operations Messageshttp://
www.ercot.com/services/comm/mkt_notices/opsmessages
>From what I understand generation/transmission/distribution are all
affected to different degrees.

On Fuel Mix Report: 2021, wind was 25% by GWh for 2021 January, current it
is ~9%

http://www.ercot.com/gridinfo/generation
http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/html/real_time_system_conditions.html  (DC
Tie is non-synchronize connection to other grids)

>Market Participants that own or operate facilities that are part of the
Bulk Electric System, as defined in federal law, are subject to oversight
by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the North American
Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Texas Reliability Entity, Inc.
(Texas RE).
http://www.ercot.com/mktrules/compliance

ERCOT is subject to (federal) NERC Reliability Standards, but not
interstate transmission regulations.
Only generation and retail electric providers are deregulated. Transmission
and distribution are not. Municipally owned utilities and electric coop in
ERCOT region are exempt from unbundling (from vertically integrated
monopoly).