Texas internet connectivity declining due to blackouts

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Feb 16 11:05:57 UTC 2021

Almost exactly 4 years ago we were out up here in Michigan for over 120 hours after a wind storm took out power to 1 million homes. Large scale restoration takes time. When the load and supply are imbalanced it can make things worse as well.

I'm hoping things return to normal soon but also am reminded it can take some time.

We now have a large generator with automatic switchover after that event. Filling gas cans every 12 hours to feed the generator is no fun.

Sent from my TI-99/4a