DoD IP Space

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Feb 15 04:25:23 UTC 2021

On 2/14/21 22:34, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> You are 100% Correct. Perhaps we can get Jeff Bezos to give 25% extra off
> at the next Cyber Monday event to those accessing amazon.com via IPv6.
>
> That will not only drive IPv6 deployment at eyeball networks, it's a
> feasible plan as well. IF good ol' Jeff wants to cooperate :)

Dropping a few feet from cloud nine, there, really, is no other thing
that will facilitate or hold back the adoption of IPv6, like money.

It will distill down into who is willing to spend it, make it or lose it.

All (other) discussions about IPv6's adoption (or lack thereof) are just
recycled revolutions around this reality. I mean, there's a reason that
in 2021, PS4 still does not support IPv6.

Mark.