DoD IP Space

Fred Baker fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:44:19 UTC 2021

> On Jan 22, 2021, at 10:28 PM, Valdis Klētnieks <valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>
> And how would you define "fully implement v6", anyhow?

I would define it this way: if something can be done using IPv4, it has an obvious IPv6 counterpart that is usable by the same community to the extent that the community is itself able to use such. Web sites, mail, bandwidth, routing, ROAs, firewalls with appropriate rules, and so on. The problem with my suggested wording is that if one turns IPv4 off, by implication someone turns IPv6 off, and I don't intend that. So reword to make IPv6 the surviving service in some way, and I think you're pretty much there.