Problems with newish IP block assignment issues from ARIN

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 20:30:41 UTC 2021

One common cause of this issue is entities out there that have very old
'bogons' filters in place for the larger block, as an entire /8, /12 to /16
size of space that, many years ago, was unallocated space. Without getting
the end point organizations running the httpd, firewalls or whatever to fix
their broken configuration, it's a hard issue to fix from your end.

On a longer term time scale like multiple years, the reachability of an IP
block like yours will gradually increase as people with broken services are
contacted by additional persons to say "hey, this really is valid ARIN IP
space".