DoD IP Space

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Feb 5 22:25:52 UTC 2021

At the bottom of that page, there is a question “Was this answer helpful.” I clicked NO. It gave me a free form text box to explain why I felt it was not helpful… Here’s what I typed:

The advice is just bad and the facts are incorrect.
IPv6 is not blocking the Disney application. Either IPv6 is broken in the users environment (in which case, the user should work with their network administrator to resolve this) or Disney has failed to implement IPv6 correctly on their DRM platform.

IPv6 cannot "Block" an application.

Turning off IPv6 will degrade several other services and cause additional problems. This is simply very bad advice and shame on Disney for issuing it.

Hopefully if enough people follow suit, Disney will get the idea.

Owen