Class D addresses? was: Redploying most of 127/8 as unicast public

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Dec 15 00:11:09 UTC 2021

On 20/11/2021 19:59, Michael Thomas wrote:
> but starving the beast doesn't have a great track record. We are talking
> about 20% of the address space that's being wasted so it's not nothing.

Starving the beast is actively working to make IPv4 cost-prohibitive. I
only wish those whom Jay refers to, had fewer addresses to buy & sell -
definitely not more.

There are ~4.3B addresses in the entire 32-bit IPv4 space, and there are
~4.3B /64s in every IPv6 /32.

The D/E IPv4 space would make speculators rich, nothing else of note.

--
Tom