Log4j mitigation

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 14 20:34:23 UTC 2021

Thanks… That did find some additional packages hiding this scourge (about a dozen or so packages,
around 100 packages removed after the dependency chains were resolved).

> On Dec 14, 2021, at 09:30 , Tyler Conrad <tyler at tgconrad.com> wrote:
>
> Another handy one to find where it's hiding, since it can be bundled inside other JARs:
> find / -name *.jar | xargs strings -f | grep -i log4j

If you’re on fedora, it can be useful to pipe the output of that to
	cut -f 1 -d : | xargs rpm -q —whatprovides
which will give you the package names responsible for the files in question.

One of the ones I discovered required quite a number of eclipse-* packages to be removed.

Of the things that were found, there wasn’t anything I cared enough about keeping, so I’m
still inclined to believe that rpm-e is the best solution to this problem at this point.

Owen