Log4j mitigation

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Mon Dec 13 12:12:25 UTC 2021

Yes, but it won't change the outcome. We shall run with assuming breach
paradigm. In this scenario, it might be useless looking around for port
389 only; it can give you a wrong assumption.

When a vulnerable system has a reachable path to the Internet and can
open a reverse shell alone from the URI, waiting for 389 is hopeless.
389 might be the initial starting port for the first wave of scanner and
opportunist attackers, but it has already developed further.

Cloudflare already talks about the broad spectrum of possible payloads,
where you can see that people try to load their payload via DNS (port
53). Similar, what I posted half hour ago.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/actual-cve-2021-44228-payloads-captured-in-the-wild/