Anyone else seeing DNSSEC failures from EU Commission ? (european-union.europa.eu)

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 14:36:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 1:07 AM Arne Jensen <darkdevil at darkdevil.dk> wrote:

> Den 08-12-2021 kl. 15:32 skrev Niels Bakker:
> > * darkdevil at darkdevil.dk (Arne Jensen) [Wed 08 Dec 2021, 15:23 CET]:
> >> To me, that part of it also points towards a broken implementation at
> >> CloudFlare, letting a bogus (insecure) responses take effect anyway.
> >
> > Or they prefer allowing people to visit websites over punishing system
> > administrators for operational failures that less secure (read:
> > nonvalidating) ISPs wouldn't inflict on their customers.
> I find it hard to believe that CloudFlare would do such though, however,
> while such kind of things could indeed be the cause, I'm personally
> going towards "Rather safe, than sorry".
> >
> > It's been quite common for DNSSEC-enabled recursors to add overrides
> > for outaged domains in situations like this.
>
> Unfortunately, yes, overrides are too common for many different things.
> Time for them (the overrides) to die completely.

Or accept that dnssec has always been dead since it never solved a problem,
but created a lot of problems.

Just saying, facts are on my side. Check the number of times dnssec caused
an outage. Then check the number of hacks prevented by dnssec. Literally 0.

Be sure to note the time Netnod got hacked because the perps… turned off
dnssec…

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/02/a-deep-dive-on-the-recent-widespread-dns-hijacking-attacks/

Look, i dont have anything personal against dnssec. Just as much as any
droid, i love

1. 3rd rate crypto

2. Many enabled RCEs

3. Complex architectures , doubly complex operational procedure

4. Government managed CAs and then related procurement requirements

But, the thing i dont like is the massive ddos it creates. Those huge
records are really not acceptable into today’s dns environment.

Please stop enabling dnssec on your domain folks, you are going to have
outage, your security is worse off, and you feeding the vendor / hacker
ddos death spiral