questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Dec 8 17:54:44 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 9:49 AM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> > While that was inevitable at ARIN’s inception and continued for many
> > years, it is not currently the case that there are more legacy
> > customers than paying customers
>
> i am easily confused.  so just to keep my nouns the same over history,
> could you phrase that in terms of resource holders, members and
> non-members; where members == signed a *RSA?  thanks.

Hi Randy,

Probably not since ARIN "members" are the specific class of ARIN
registrants who have received an "allocation" of IP addresses.
Everybody else, including folks who have received an "assignment" of
IP addresses falls into the "end user" or "legacy" categories and are
not "members."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--