questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Dec 7 11:24:12 UTC 2021

On 6 Dec 2021, at 4:59 PM, Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> On 12/6/21 09:59, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:
>
>> The situation is such that the current economic incentives would be most advantageous to me to preserve my LRSA and abandon my RSA, which would involve simply turning off IPv6.
>
> If ARIN's fee structure is such that it is financially advantageous for any class of network operators to turn off IPv6, they're doing it wrong IMHO.

Jay -

The situation is exactly opposite, as ARIN’s fee schedule allows customers to obtain a corresponding-sized IPv6 block without any increase to their annual fee - this actually removes the financial disincentive that would otherwise be present for network operators to deploy IPv6.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO